The other day, I was at the supermarket and looked at the back of a juice box and was shocked about how much stuff is inside “juice” at times. Then I remembered that juice comes from fruit and decided to start juicing my fruits to make homemade juice instead!
It’s honestly cheaper and healthier because you can get so much from the fruit! You also decide how much sugar goes into it too. I decided on some watermelon juice for today and we found the juiciest one the other day. Check out my recipe below!
- 1 Watermelon
- Slice watermelon into small pieces and place in blender.
- Blend on high until its a liquid
- Place a cheesecloth over the opening of the container of your choice and pour blended watermelon into the cheesecloth.
- Squeeze the contents of the cheesecloth until all juice is extracted.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight mason jar with a squeeze or citrus to preserve longer.
- You can also put some juice in ice cubes and freeze. You can blend it into a watermelon slushie!
You can always add other flavors to enhance the juice. I add key lime juice, mint and a small amount of honey on days when I want it to be more flavorful. Drop down some of your favorite additions below in the comments and let me know what you think!
Have an amazing week, family! Love always, Daniposa.