My husband loves leeks, so we bought some last week. But for a week I stared at them not knowing what to do with them. We saw a video on Instagram but didn’t have those seasonings, so we made them teriyaki style. The recipe is below. Try it comment below, share, and let me know how you like it.
- 2 leeks
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chipotle chili pepper powder
- sesame seeds
- salad and vegetable seasoning
- teriyaki sauce
- soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- maple syrup
- olive oil
- Wash your leeks thoroughly, as they can hold a lot of dirt in between the leaves.
- Cut them into approximately 3 inch wide pieces and then cut them in half.
- Warm up your oil in a pan.
- Once warmed, lay the leeks out in the pan and sprinkle all dry seasonings.
- Pour soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and water into the pan and let the leeks cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the leeks over to the other side and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Take out the leeks and place into a plate or bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup into the sauce left in the pan. Simmer for a few seconds and then pour over the leeks.
- Serve and enjoy!