My husband loves leeks, so we bought some last week. But for a week I stared at them not knowing what to do with them. We saw a video on Instagram but didn’t have those seasonings, so we made them teriyaki style.
- 2 leeks
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chipotle chili pepper powder
- sesame seeds
- salad and vegetable seasoning
- teriyaki sauce
- soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- maple syrup
- olive oil
- Wash your leeks thoroughly, as they can hold a lot of dirt in between the leaves.
- Cut them into approximately 3 inch wide pieces and then cut them in half.
- Warm up your oil in a pan.
- Once warmed, lay the leeks out in the pan and sprinkle all dry seasonings.
- Pour soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and water into the pan and let the leeks cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the leeks over to the other side and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Take out the leeks and place into a plate or bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup into the sauce left in the pan. Simmer for a few seconds and them pour over the leeks.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love always, Daniposa.