One of the most comforting meals I enjoy on rainy brisk days is jambalaya. It’s the perfect balance of hot and spicy but also rich in flavor and texture. Check out my recipe below.
- 1 Turkey sausage
- 4 Crab cakes
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Sweet peppers (pitted no seeds)
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 cups of shrimp stock
- Pepper, garlic powder, paprika, chili, bay leaves, old bay, cumin
- Chop up all vegetable ingredients and set aside.
- In a pan, heat up olive oil and butter.
- Add peppers, onions and garlic.
- Simmer and add sausage and crab cakes.
- Add can if tomatoes and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of broth.
- Add all seasonings and bring to a soft boil. (You can add rice and cook for 25-30 minutes. I cooked my rice separately.)
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 mins.
- Once cooked, serve over rice and mix together. Enjoy!
Love always, Daniposa.