I don’t know about you, but I love to eat! If you ever want to spoil me, take me out to eat somewhere with AMAZING bomb food! That is the way to my heart, truly.
I love trying new things and learning about the science behind the plate. My favorites right now are charcuterie boards of all types. The one pictured above is from Local Roots, with ham, chicken liver mousse, hand crafted cheeses, peanuts, pickles, lavash, beer mustard and sprinkled sausage. It was so delicious!
I decided to make my own, with hummus, bell peppers, pretzel chips, turkey jerky, salami, prosciutto, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, fig jam, olives, and pickles.
So now I have a newfound love of tapas and fun foods. But I want the option of having it at home! So I decided that I am going to start bringing the fine dining experiences into my kitchen and learn to make meals I usually eat when I’m dining out. This week I made some vegetable rolls using my air fryer. You can walk through it with my video tutorial, or check out my written recipe below and enjoy. Let me know your thoughts!
- 1 pack Nasoya vegan egg roll wraps
- Vegetables (carrots, cabbage, artichoke, mushrooms, kale, peas, broccoli, brussels sprouts, bean sprouts, quinoa) chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbs of chopped ginger
- 3 tbs of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (for dipping)
Vegetable stuffing for egg rolls:
- In a pan, or on a grill, add your onion, garlic and oil. Sauté all your vegetables once hot enough, until vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Add tofu and ginger.
- Once cooked, take out of pan into bowl and set aside to cool down.
- Once it is cooled down, scoop the veggie mix with a medium spoon into the wraps in diagonal form.
- Fold bottom piece over the filling, then grab left and right pieces and tuck and roll into the upward flap remaining (see image below for visual.)
- Once they are are stuffed, coat with oil and place in your air fryer basket or cooking option of your choice!
- Set the air fryer for 390° 4 minutes on each side for a perfectly golden egg roll.
- Serve with soy sauce or dipping sauce of choice. Enjoy!
I also made a side salad to add some freshness to my meal! I grabbed a box of spring greens, added celery leaves, thinly sliced red onions, red and yellow peppers, and cherry tomatoes sliced in quarters. Then I enjoyed it with my favorite dressing (a mix of caesar and balsamic vinaigrette).
Love always, Daniposa.